Real estate listings usually have a similar look: a few images (hopefully professionally done), the information on the property and contact details for the agent. Did you know, that search engines look for videos in listings and rank these higher in their list, improving chances of it being seen by people searching?
A video like the one above was created using the still images photographed of the house. Using custom editing, the effects give it a sense of movement. Videos are customizable, including the number of images, length of video, text and music. This video was shot for a fraction of the cost of live video, yet fulfilled all of the client’s needs.
Here are a few statistics from the National Association of Realtors to help drive home how important video is for Realtors.
- 89% of home buyers search via the internet
- 72% of home buyers only contact one agent
- 73% of homeowners say they’re more likely to list with a realtor offering to do a video
- 9% of agents create listing videos
- Forrester estimates that one minute of video equates to 1.8 million words of text
- Websites with video are 53x more likely to rank on the first page of Google search results
- An aimClear study shows that search results with video have a 41% higher click-through rate than plain text.
Alone, each statistic is fascinating, but put them together and a bigger picture appears. Customers are craving video, and they are backing it up with their time and wallets. Right now the average realtor is 57 years old, but the largest demographic of home buyers are Millennials, with a median age of only 29 years old. Many Realtors have been operating for years with a different approach of billboards, bus benches and cold calls. But, this is not how potential home buyers search or react anymore. If you are a Realtor, what are you doing to stay ahead of the game and appeal to the modern homeowner? If you are searching for a home, what do you look for when finding your dream home?